We are looking for someone to be a member of a high-performing Agile team as we build upon our proven track record of delivering innovative solutions in record time. The ideal candidate will be a critical thinker – someone who can rapidly consume domain knowledge and create comprehensive, meaningful test cases and test scenarios.
• Responsible for testing all aspects of the system including Java and web-based front end running on Windows clients, Linux servers, and Oracle/Postgres database, to ensure all components work on a variety of hardware ranging from simple workstations to high-end servers. Test environment includes bare metal as well as VM servers.
• Tester must have sufficient hardware/software experience to build and configure workstations and/or servers independently or with minimal guidance to create test environments that mirror a multitude of installed baselines.
• May be asked to create tests for ad hoc situations such as replicating field-reported problems or load testing under specific conditions.
• The tester must quickly become expert on system functionality and that of various peripheral devices as well as the requirements that drove system design.
• He/she must develop understanding of user workflow to create, document, and execute test plans.
• Excellent written and verbal skills are required to create test scenarios and/or scripts; document test results; and communicate issues to the development team while also identifying possible solutions and/or workarounds for problems.
• We need an individual who will take responsibility, work hard, learn, and become a key contributor to the success of the program by ensuring a bullet-proof system is delivered to the field. Tester may be assigned to support one or more ongoing Agile Scrum teams.
Bachelors degree and/or 5 years relevant technical experience required
4 + years as a software/system tester, integrator, or developer
4+ years of basic SQL
1-2 years working in an Agile Development Environment
Agile Development Processes
Familiarity with Atlassian suite of tools – JIRA, Confluence