The Defense amp; Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for an ALSE Technician in Mazar-e Sharif, Afghanistan.
The ALSE (Aviation Life Support Equipment) Technician plans, directs, organizes, and evaluates Aircrew Flight Equipment operations pertaining to equipment accountability, personnel reliability, mobility, and other such activities required to meet operational readiness; associated databases shall be maintained to ensure equipment accountability. Position establishes performance standards, improves work methods, and advises on inspection, repair, and repacking of aircrew flight equipment. ALSE ensures serviceability based on required specifications and technical publications. Position evaluates problems and determines feasibility of repair or replacement related to inspecting and repairing fabric, and rubber equipment. Qualifications:
- 3 years experience working with Aviation Life Support Equipment
- Familiarization with inventory, repair and accountability of Government Furnished Equipment
Program Specific Requirement: As the position location is in Afghanistan, the following requirements need to be met:
- US citizen
- NACI or Interim NACI required
- Active US passport with a minimum of 12 months before expiration prior to start date.
- Visa with multiple entries for 12 months prior to start date
- Completion of Customer required International Readiness Certifications prior to deployment.
- Failure to complete any of these actions upon accept will result in rescinding of the offer. If the candidate is unable to pass the medical screening after the start date and/or prior to deployment an immediate administrative termination will be requested.
- Preferred Aviation background experience
- Understanding and accepting local languages, customs and traditions (to be able to work with local customs, transport systems and language interpretation)
- Ability to work and live in a team environment
- Military deployment experience is highly desired and deployment experience to the CENTCOM region is desired
- High School diploma, or equivalent experience/combined education, with additional technical training equivalent to a technical Associate degree and/or demonstrated ability to perform assigned preventive and demand maintenance tasks and 5 Years of experience.
External Referral EligibleLeidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.