Leidos has an immediate opening for a mid to senior Infrastructure Engineer
located in San Diego, CA. Our team focuses on forward-looking technology and results. Together, we leverage our expertise to understand and anticipate program needs making Leidos a noted valued partner. The position will support the US Navy in the Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) domain. Additionally, you will be working in an integrated software development team at one of the Navy’s premier Point Loma based software development laboratories. Position responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical advice and recommendations regarding the planning, implementation, and management of Battlespace Awareness and ISR services with existing and emerging infrastructures.
- Supporting the definition of a Navy ISR Enterprise Data Management Strategy.
- Providing specific recommendations for technical solutions to access and exploit information available from evolving and emerging sensor platforms as well as new sources to include Human Intelligence (HUMINT) and Measurement and Signal Intelligence (MASINT).
- Providing engineering support for participation in prototype demonstrations, fleet exercises, and Limited Objective Experiment (LOE) demonstrations.
- Developing software solutions in support of system integration, capability enhancements, and system testing.
- Providing systems engineering and integration support to facilitate the integration of: S amp;T capability into the DCGS-N Inc 2 project; Cloud software components into a large scale software capability; SQL, Big Data, and document data stores into a hybrid architecture; selected software including modification as required meeting release requirements.
- Participating in IPTs used to increase knowledge and understanding of the technical requirements for the research, development, integration, test/experimentation and ultimately, end products to the user.
- Position requires an active DoD Top Secret clearance and SCI eligibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 8-12 years relevant infrastructure experience; or Masters with 6 -10 years of relevant infrastructure experience.
- Knowledge of Agile-based software development techniques and methodologies
- Experience validating and expanding (as necessary) use cases.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira).
- Experience with continuous integration environments (e.g., Jenkins).
- Experience working in government/defense labs and their computing restrictions.
- Experience participating in meetings, working groups, and technical discussions, including professional seminars and conferences associated with the work performed in this project.
- Experience providing project briefing materials upon request.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; will be required to have contact with both a project technical lead and be able to take direction from our Navy government lead.
- Ability to obtain an IAT-2 (e.g., for the Linux Operating System and Security Training, such as Security+).
- Two years’ experience designing, installing and troubleshooting virtual and cloud data analytics environments, including the Navy Tactical Cloud Reference Implementation (TCRI) and the Agile Core Services (ACS) framework.
- Proficiency with web application technologies, such as JBoss, Apache Tomcat, etc.
- Experience developing in Linux and a virtualized environment.
- Experience with Ansible, Git, Jira, Hadoop, Red Hat Linux, VmWare.
- Proficiency with multiple operating systems (Linux, Windows, MacOSX).
- Prior work as a software engineer is a plus.
- Cyber, Information Assurance, and System Engineering skills are a strong plus.
- Proficiency with at least one Relational Database Management System (e.g., Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (i.e., Word, Excel, Visio, amp; PowerPoint).
External Referral Eligible Leidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.