Leidos is seeking a Configuration Management specialist. Duties will include: • Responsible for configuration management (CM) of systems • Identifies configuration items, implements change control, configuration status accounting, and configuration audits • Works on teams to create and maintain software, hardware, and documentation configuration baselines (development, test, production, etc.) • Develops or modifies CM plans, policies, and procedures tailored to the complexity and scope of the developmental or operational system • Implement CM discipline for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life • Regulates the change process to ensure that only approved and validated changes are incorporated into product documents and related software, licenses, media, and other IT assets • Ensures that all changes to the baselines go through appropriate change boards. Will work closely with other teams on tasks such as release management and transmittal creation. • Tracks all problems and changes in product documents/software and reports changes, controls standard operating procedures and current configurations • Uses and/or recommends CM tools to implement CM policies and proceduresQualifications:
• Demonstrates strong background with Configuration Management (CM).
• Experience developing and maintaining software configuration management tools to support configuration identification, control, reporting, and delivery of software products.
• Understanding/knowledge of related disciplines, particularly familiarization with hardware engineering methods and processes.
• Ability to conduct and facilitate Configuration Control Board (CCB) to manage changes to software and hardware baselines as needed.
• Ability to interface with, and build strong relationships with multiple levels of management and program disciplines.
• Demonstrated ability to interface with and work well with cross-functional teams and peers, and ability to energize the team.
• Strong ability to multi-task and delegate work properly.
• Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication, coordination, and planning skills.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
• Experience with financial systems a plus.
• Experience with requirements management and systems engineering a plus.
• Experience conducting builds in a Unix environment.
• Experience with IBM Rational products such as Rational Team Concert, Clear Case, or Clear Quest.
• Experience conducting builds in a Windows environment.
Typically requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.Leidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.