The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an opening for an Inventory Coordinator to work in our Bowie, MD office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping our customer’s mission.
The Inventory Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
• Process all inventory transactions as soon as material is available.
• Responsible for cleaning organizing and reorganizing the Stockroom as new parts are received.
• Make new Labels, boxes and create more stockroom space for new parts as needed.
• Keep track of hardware and put parts in the correct location as they are received.
• Must be able to climb on small ladder and organize parts on top shelves as well as bottom racks and lift up to 30lb boxes overhead.
• Kit parts for Manufacturing orders as well as return parts to the correct locations as they are returned from SMT and Assembly.
• Advise Inventory Planner/Manager of safety stock below established levels.
• Issue parts to assemblers for inventory request forms and forward forms to the inventory Manager.
• Preforms bi-monthly cycle counts as well as year- end inventory and report any negative balances to the Inventory Manager.
• Communicate and follow up with the technicians in the Lab weekly regarding open MO’s
• Backup for other inventory team members as required
• Support the Inventory Manager with audits and procedures as required
• Reports all inventory issues to Inventory Manager
All Inventory team members will cross train at the direction of the Inventory Manager
External Referral Eligible
<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />In order to be considered for this role, you must meet the below requirements:
• Must have Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as problem solving skills
• Ability to professionally communicate and work with others in a team environment
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties with attention to detail and a sense of urgency
• Must be able to communicate and take direction from all levels of Management
• Computer skills are required to make use of Excel Spreadsheets, and to learn the CostPoint Accounting System as well as the Aegis tracking
High school diploma or equivalent
2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience
Must be organized.
Must have the ability to multi-task and keep accurate records.
Basic Microsoft products – Excel, Word.
Work in team environment with good communications skills.