Leidos has a career opportunity for a Communications Engineer at Fort Meade in Maryland. The Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) has a charter from Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff to serve as the Nuclear Command, Control and Communications (C3) Systems Engineer. DISA provides support to customers such as ASD (NII), Joint Staff (J-6), USSTRATCOM, and other organizations. Overview
Qualifications:EDUCATION amp; EXPERIENCE
- Assess secure and survivable communications, networking, and information technology systems that use terrestrial (i.e., IP and circuit-based), RF, and satellite communications technologies.
- Support technical, communications-based requirements focused on the current and future objective enterprise architectures needed to support decisions for evolving the National Leadership Command Capability (NLCC).
- Perform gap analysis, identify promising technologies related to nuclear C3, conduct RF band vulnerability assessments, and assess the ability of the current and planned capabilities to achieve the nuclear C3 mission outcomes required to meet Nuclear Technical Proficiency Criteria (NTPC) standards.
- Recommend new initiatives; coordinate with other technical specialists in government, academia, and industry to keep abreast of emerging technologies, which relate to developing the NLCC Target Architecture.
Requires a BS in Electrical/Communications Engineering or Computer Science Degree from an accredited full time 4-year college or university plus 8 or more years of related experience or an MS degree and at least 6 or more years practical experience. Required Experience:
- Possesses an extensive background in analog and digital RF communication system architectures including signal processing and modulation techniques.
- Has knowledge of how to assess performance parameters of common user communication systems such as RF signal and channel characteristics from extremely-low frequency (ELF) through extremely-high frequency (EHF), data link protocols, and long haul networking protocols and architectures used within DoD communications systems.
- Has an understanding of the nuclear C3 systems and applications that operate in specific RF bands to include VLF, LF, HF, VHF, UHF, SHF, and EHF.
- Possesses expertise in the areas of systems analysis, engineering and nuclear weapons effects regarding communications within the Nuclear C3 System.
- Understands emergency action message (EAM) transmission modes and the corresponding Nuclear Technical Performance Criteria (NTPC) metrics used in nuclear strategic communications.
- Understands corresponding operations of nuclear capable platforms, nodes/command centers, and related nuclear message release procedures.
- Possesses knowledge of the technical and susceptibility details of RF signals propagation to nuclear weapons effects and electronic jamming.
- Has the ability to apply enterprise architecture concepts to specific survivable and secure communications development tasks in a structured approach, including analysis of DoD wide activities, information requirements, and processes.
- Possesses experience with terrestrial, wireless, tactical, mobile, and satellite communications systems to include advanced protocol concepts such as mobile ad hoc network (MANET) and disruptive tolerant networking (DTN) technology.
External Referral Eligible Leidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.