The Towed System Intermediate Maintenance Activity group at Leidos currently has an opening for an Electronics Technician to work at our Pearl City, Hawaii facility. This site provides direct fleet support with towed acoustic systems installed on submarines and surface ships, including 24/7/365 worldwide casualty assistance (CASREP) support.
Candidate will be responsible for conducting towed array module physical inspection, electrical testing, troubleshooting, array assembly and ship board installation of towed bodies while working in a pier side environment in all weather conditions and/or in a warehouse environment. Candidate will be responsible to review technical documentation, identify discrepancies and submit TMDERS (Technical Manuals Deficiency/Evaluation Report) corrections. This position has occasional requirements for overtime work in order to meet US Navy operational schedules, and may have occasional requirements for extended travel to support surge work at other Towed System IMAs in order to meet US Navy operational schedules. Travel overseas and within CONUS on short notice may be required. Selected candidate will receive on the job training in accordance with established Personnel Qualifications Standards (PQS) and is expected to qualify as a Towed Systems IMA Technician and Pier-Side Supervisor. Selected candidate will be required to complete all knowledge qualifications on all towed arrays serviced by the IMA within 8 months of hire date. Selected candidate will have 14 months from the date of hire to become a certified Towed Array Pier Supervisor. Selected candidate will interact with Navy, Government and civilian support contractors. The candidate may be expected to assume additional collateral duties from time to time as assigned by the site manager.
External Referral Eligible
• High school/vocational school diploma or GED certificate and 2 year work related experience in electrical/electronic systems or a graduate of an accredited technical institute or apprentice program in electronics above the high school level or successful completion of a military electronics course equivalent to US Navy "C" school, and at least one years’ experience in the test and repair of electronics/electrical equipment and operation of various hand held power tools.
• Must be able to perform light mechanical maintenance actions and operate a forklift as part of assigned duties.
• Experience performing electronic repairs at the component level using copper and fiber optic signal path repair procedures/techniques to documented quality standards using formal work procedures OR, experience manufacturing hose assemblies for various towed array modules from raw stock to documented quality standards using formal work procedures, OR preparing and terminating sonar array tow cables using formal work procedures and in accordance with documented quality standards.
• A working knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP or later and Microsoft Office 2007 or later is desirable. Must have and maintain a valid driver's license.
• Must be able to lift 40 lbs. An interim SECRET clearance is required to start work.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD secret level clearance.
• Candidate must be able to obtain US passport and be willing to travel overseas and in CONUS on short notice.
• Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
• Documented completion of soldering and/or fiber-optic termination/connectorization certification/training.
• Operational knowledge and experience with industrial equipment including, but not limited to, that of the type used with module hosing/de-hosing, pressure, tension, and handling testing, and automated/semi-automated electronic test equipment; measuring/grinding of hose material, mechanical swaging, cable connector molding and pressure testing, as appropriate to the shop/product line assigned.
• Prior U.S. Navy Surface or Submarine Towed Systems and Towed Body handling experience, experience in operating and troubleshooting any of the following equipment: AN/BQQ-5, AN/BQQ-6, AN/BSY-1, AN/BSY-2, SQQ-89, AN/BQQ-10 (ARCI), OK-276, OA-9070/9070A/9070B/9070E, OK-410 or OK-542/A.