The Aerospace Software / Mission-Systems Engineer is responsible for monitoring and evaluating the software systems development function for the integration of various payloads and sensor systems into different aircraft, including the design, development, troubleshooting, and debugging of software programs for software enhancements and new software-intensive systems and products. Duties include software requirements analysis, evaluation of software products and software tools used for design, development and maintenance of infrastructure, and platforms. This engineer will advise the customer on issues involving hardware compatibility and will provide recommended solutions.
Will work directly with multiple vendors to assess their technical approaches to aircraft / mission-system software and the quality of its implementation in order to keep the vendors on track and to ensure program success. Will work across vendors to ensure they meet requirements for payloads/sensors interoperability within the mission-systems control systems.
· Background in aircraft mission-systems software development, integration, test and sustainment in the field.
Required Education amp; Experience:
· Requires BS degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
· Must possess current TS/SCI with polygraph.
· Primary work location is in McLean, VA.
· Travel within CONUS not expected to exceed 20% - often less.