The Veterans Health Operation is seeking a Solutions Engineer within the CE/CTO Organization of the Health Group, focused on Veterans Health in Vienna, VA.
The selected candidate will work with Operations and Business Development personnel to understand customer needs and lead the creation of solutions to those needs. They will bring these solutions forward through white papers, presentations, and proposal responses.
This position requires leading and engaging teams of people with diverse skills to develop comprehensive solutions ranging from IT applications and systems to full enterprise solutions, from program management activities to agency-wide operational support. The successful candidate will be able to conceptualize these solutions around key business needs and goals, as solutions which benefit the customer as well as Leidos.
This position requires a broad and deep understanding of technology and customers to support arriving at innovative and compelling solutions which differentiate Leidos from our competitors.
EDUCATION amp; EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Experience in three of the following, with Expertise in at least one, areas: Networking, System Development, Software Development, Hardware Engineering, Operations, System Architecture, Cloud Architecture, Electronic Health Records, Information Assurance, ITIL Framework, Agile Development
- Strong communication skills (writing, speaking, and listening)
- Experience developing solutions for proposals
- Experience in writing for white papers, RFI responses, and proposals
- Experience in customer engagements
- Development and/or Operational program experience
- Experience with US Department of Veteran Affairs
- Experience engaging in business development and capture efforts
- Experience developing solutions for large scale agile software development centers
- Experience with data center consolidation activities
- Experience developing solutions with Unified Communications