Network Security Engineer
Seeking a Network Security Engineer to be located at Grovetown, Georgia, USA who will be primarily responsible for providing the network defense of accredited C4 networks within PM -Tactical Networks.
The candidate will provide E amp;I support on a team responsible for designing, integrating, and improving the PM-Tactical Network’s infrastructure across various solutions. The candidate will also be responsible for support to the Army’s Regional Hub Node (RHN) O amp;M team to aid in implementation of solutions based on customer requirements.
The Network Security Engineer will implement network defense cyber strategies for the accredited C4 networks consistent with DoD and Federal guidance respectively. The candidate will create/review technical designs and make recommendations to the technical lead of the project regarding the security aspects of the solutions. Other duties include but are not limited to;
• Bring an Innovative approach to the network security field of expertise on a team.
• Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of new security products, maintain knowledge of emerging cyber technologies for application to the enterprise.
• Plan, Design, and Implement emerging technologies for added capabilities while also cutting YOY CAPEX and OPEX costs.
• Manage projects as a technical lead, possibly overseeing other engineers.
• Brief senior leaders within the government on current projects and decision briefs for roadmap emerging technologies.
• Document requirements and properly manage updates amp; deployments using existing change management processes.
• Participate in the identification and resolution of complex infrastructure problems (Tier 3 support) utilizing structured trouble-shooting tools and techniques.
• Provide cross-training and mentoring to existing engineering personnel in various fields.
• Must have 8-10 years of Network Security experience or equivalent Bachelor's + 4-6 yrs. related experience, or MS + 2-4 yrs. experience
• A certification IAW DoD 8570.1 Technical Level II (Sec+) (Required)
• Palo Alto Network Certified Network Security Engineer(PCNSE7) (Required)
• JNCIP-SEC or CCNP Security (Desired)
• JNCIP-ENT or CCNP R amp;S (Desired)
• Strong knowledge of DoD IA/RMF and IT regulations and guidance
• Strong knowledge of routing, switching, VPNs, PKI and CSfC
• Hands-on experience with McAfee products such as ESM, email and web gateway.
• Hands-on experience with Riverbed products such as SteelHead CX/GX and Interceptor
• Hands-on experience with ACAS (Tenable Security Center)
• Hands-on experience with Palo Alto products such as PA-VM and PM-VM series.
• Experience with Cisco products such as ISE, ASA, Sourcefire IPS, FireSight/Firepower management Center.
• Hands-on experience with Windows Server 2012R2, Windows 7/10, REL 6/7
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Candidates must have an active US Secret Clearance
• 25% Travel may be required
• Willingness to work flexible hours
• Shift work may be required
• “On Call” may be required