Leidos is looking for an experienced Cloud Architect with expertise in the following; designing and optimizing cloud infrastructure and services, a strong application security background, demonstrated success leading and providing guidance to teams, and ability to share experience based vision and direction. We are seeking individuals who are eager to learn and apply concepts in new ways. If designing and building new cloud services and platforms gets you excited, to take on the challenge, then this role is for you.
Some of the responsibilities will include;
• Help to define the future of our cloud automation and container-based deployment strategies.
• Develop automation methods and services that will be used by various application teams.
• Work with and guide a variety of application teams, Ops teams and architects in a DevOps environment.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
* Active secret clearance or higher.
* Demonstrated experience designing and improving the reliability and operational automation of complex cloud IT systems.
* Experience with container management platforms ( Mesos, Swarm, and Kubernetes) and container runtimes (Docker).
* Experience with cloud services (AWS and/or Azure).
* Experience with addressing performance issues across the whole stack from the applications to operating system.
* Expert understanding of cloud fundamental design patterns, Redhat internals and shell programming.
* Experience building scalable automation in one of the following; (Python, JSON, Ansible, Puppet and Chef).
* Experience building business critical large scale system with availability and scalability.
* Understanding and experience with agile software development and DevOps methodologies.
* Requires BS degree and 12 + years of prior relevant experience or
* Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience,
* Security + certification or higher.
* AWS certification.
* Significant hands on software engineering experience.
* Successful track record of delivering quality results in complex cross-functional projects.
* Experience with large-scale distributed systems, service oriented architectures and micro-services.
* Solid understanding of the Software as a Service (SaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) models.
* Java and object-oriented development experience.
* Have built scalable cloud native applications and migrated heritage apps.
External Referral Eligible