• Experience with web application design and implementation, especially Web Components and Polymer.
• Experience in RESTful service API management
• Experience in following an Agile Software Development Process.
• Experience using version control tools such as git.
• Experience in use of the UNIX and Linux operating systems.
• Exposure to modern CI methodology including Jenkins and Docker.
• Exposure to cloud platforms such as AWS for deployment.
• Strong integration skills.
• Strong communication skills to interface with internal and external customers.
Leidos is seeking a Staff Software Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the development of software that provides business automation and workflow management to DHS. DHS is on a mission to improve their internal processes and gain more insight into their IT metrics and infrastructure. Leidos is taking a proven IRAD effort and turning it into a tangible application that provides value to the customer by effectively managing data and automating processes to increase efficiency and transparency inside the organization.
Portal functions include:
• Business process automation using the Activiti workflow engine
• Integrating with Sharepoint for document management
• Data ingest and management to provide metrics based on IT network status
• Provide dashboard interface to show users relevant resources and information
Working both as a member of a team and independently the successful candidate will be:
• Working as a full-stack developer to implement customer requirements
• Integrating code changes through automated development pipeline
• Deploying code to AWS for testing and integration
• Streamlining customer processes to integrate as a managed workflow in the system
• Collaborating in an Agile environment alongside team members inside scrum
• Breaking down customer-provided requirements into features and stories on the scrum board
• Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
Leidos is a global leader in the integration and application of information, technology and systems working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the civil, health, defense, intelligence and homeland security markets. The company’s 33,000 diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers in 30 countries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems amp; Global Solutions business (IS amp;GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.