Systems Made Simple, a Leidos Company is seeking a Senior Test Engineer in support of a large Government Task Order.
The Sr. Test Engineer will develop, maintain and improve a web-based portal for VA Regional Office end users to electronically process mail received from Veterans and 3rd party affiliates. We provide a single portal interface, with access to all scanned and directly uploaded documents, enabling VA users to view, retrieve, upload, assign, and edit metadata before submitting the final documents to the Veteran Benefit Management System (VBMS).
JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE: The ideal candidate will work efficiently and diligently to design, develop and implement testing methods to support the software applications used on this project. Testing may be executed manually, or with automated testing techniques. Will perform functional, regression, integration, and system testing. May also participate in requirements reviews to provide feedback on requirements and ensure that functional requirements are testable and adequately documented. Will create and maintain all testing documentation, and may assist in additional documentation reviews and updates.
Must have demonstrated ability to support the following activities:
- Design and create test strategies, test plans, and test cases from specific requirements.
- Execute test cases including functional, regression, and system tests.
- Report defects, track, validate, and close tasks and activities.
- Create test execution records and record results in a test tracking tool.
- Compile and prepare test documentation for technical reviews.
- Plan and arrange the labor, schedules, and equipment required for testing and evaluating standard and special devices.
- Provide the test area with parameters for sample testing and specifies test to be performed.
- Compile data and define changes required in testing equipment, testing procedures, or identifying new testing requirements.
- Work towards predetermined, long-range goals and objectives.
- Apply advanced technical principles, techniques, theories, and concepts. Contribute to the development of new principles and theories.
- Must possess excellent organizational and analytical skills, and the ability to show initiative, good judgement, and resourcefulness.
- Willingness to accept and perform related duties and responsibilities as required, and the ability to work in a collaborative environment in order to meet deadlines.
DESIRED SKILLS: Experience with the Atlassian Tool Suite (JIRA, Confluence, HipChat) is desired. Software development background in an agile environment is preferred. Must be able to provide a high level of customer service and have strong verbal and written communication skills in order to interact with management, customer staff, and team. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and have the ability to complete tasks without direct supervision.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/SKILLS: Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, electronics engineering, or other engineering technical discipline with 5+ years of experience. 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education. Qualifications:
EDUCATION amp; EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience. EFFECTIVE DATE: 01/02/2016Leidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.