Help us find needle in a haystack! We need your skills and curiosity in engineering, mathematics, or physics to help us develop highly sensitive sensors capable of locating hard-to-find signals of interest! Leidos’ Advanced Solutions Group is adding a passionate Signal Processing Engineer to our strong team of scientists, engineers, and operations experts addressing some our nation’s most difficult intelligence problems. Come join a team conducting applied research and development, including the development and assessment of signal processing algorithms against real-world data. Other duties include participating in customer-sponsored field tests, defining sensor and signal processing system requirements for optimal performance against signals of interest, and building and testing signal collection and processing systems, to include development of operational prototypes. Responsibilities include development of digital signal processing algorithms and analysis tools; conducting data processing and analysis; performing signal detection, characterization, and geolocation operations; as well as designing prototype systems and implementing algorithms in hardware systems as research progresses toward practical application.
External Referral Eligible
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the following: Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or a related field, with at least 2-6 years of relevant work experience, or a Bachelor’s degree in these same fields with 4-8 years of relevant work experience.
• Ability implement an algorithm or signal processing method based on a literature search or technical description
• Fluency in MATLAB, SIMULINK or similar simulation environment
• Possess strong analytical skills in the areas of adaptive filter theory, spectral estimation, detection and estimation theory, linear algebra, and/or stochastic processes
• Ability to work well in a small team environment, to include providing data collection and analysis support at customer sponsored field tests
• Ability to develop signal processing software modules in higher-order languages, such as C++, Python, X-Midas/XMPY, is highly desirable
• Have an entrepreneurial, motivated, self-starter attitude