The NISC III program has an opening for a Construction Project Engineer (with Fuel Storage Systems expertise), to provide technical assistance to the FAA's Fuel Storage Tank (FST) Program Office.
The employee will deal with all aspects of construction, including management and scheduling, and will become a technical expert in the design and operation of FAA fuel storage tanks, and regulatory compliance and operations. Specific duties include:
- Support of FAA Projects involving propane, diesel, gasoline, and waste oil AST and UST systems, inclusive of all piping and control systems.
- Performing operational and compliance evaluations of fielded and planned systems in support of FST National Program Office initiatives.
- Directing implementation of FAA FST modifications.
- Providing plant engineering recommendations and prepares engineering designs to assure fuel systems meet NAS operational standards.
- Providing subject matter expertise regarding configuration, component selection and placement, and risk mitigation for operation of tank systems.
- Preparing and maintaining documentation supporting system designs, specifications, procedures, drawings and project manuals.
- Investigation of existing systems / operations and identify equipment and processes for design modification
- Designing government fuel systems including above ground / underground storage facilities, hydrant pumping and distribution systems, waste fuel recovery, emergency fuel shutoff (EFSO) and terminal automation / fuel system controls
- Preparing construction drawings and specifications for Military amp; Commercial Fuel Systems
- Working independently as well as support and assist project management team
- Providing technical supervision and assistance to ensure project activities are technically valid and results are coordinated for project continuity and control
- Coordination of technical activities with other professionals and field personnel
- Maintaining up to date records including correspondence, design direction, progress submittals, schedules, meeting documents, shop drawing review, test reports, as-built records and other documents necessary to document engineering activities
- Coordinating the preparation of required interim and final deliverables for projects in his or her charge
- Preparing and recommending scientifically valid and appropriate quality assurance measures for technical assignment
- Acting as liaison with other professionals and field personnel to accomplish the efficient and smooth implementation of project directives.
"External Referral Eligible" Qualifications:Typical education and experience
- Typically requires BS degree and 9 or more years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 7 or more years of prior relevant experience.
- An additional 6 years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Working knowledge of API 650 and API 653 and experience using AutoCAD.
- Previous experience with FAA fuel delivery systems is desired.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.