Leidos' Veterans Health Operation is seeking a highly collaborative technical and business professional for the role of Senior Solutions Architect in Vienna, VA.
The candidate must be a tactical and strategic leader of supporting technical personnel in creating competitive and compelling solutions that will result in business growth. Candidate should have demonstrated expertise in IT; communications; systems architecture; engineering, and integration; along with the ability to apply this expertise across a broad portfolio of IT systems, software, and infrastructure solutions related to VistA. The Senior Solutions Architect may function as a chief engineer, a solutions strategist, or external-facing thought leader as business needs dictate. Focus will be on the systems architecture, design in the areas of interface development, and configuration. Successful candidate possesses a deep understanding underlying architecture of the Vista Environment and the system interfaces associated with the current environment.
A partial list of responsibilities include:
- Creation of innovative architectures and solutions in support of major capture efforts within the core business base, as well as in strategic expansion areas, while balancing these solutions against cost, schedule, function, quality, and other business considerations.
- Creation of white papers, proposals, and briefings, demonstrating the thought leadership capabilities of the organization, as well as supporting various marketing and business development efforts through customer interaction.
- Assist or lead capture strategy development, including the creation and marketing of discriminating value propositions.
- Assist in the further development of the systems integration capabilities within the business.
- Support program management and business development reviews, and assist in improving performance of troubled projects as required.
The successful candidate will hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline. Candidate will have 12+ years of experience in a systems engineering, systems development, and systems integration environment, applying broad technical expertise in multiple disciplines. The Senior Solutions Architect will have demonstrated expertise with Federal and Commercial clients in shaping, bidding, winning, and performing on systems integration opportunities, along with in-depth experience developing and implementing complex system architectures and technologies that enable networked operations. The successful candidate will also possess excellent interpersonal skills, strong oral and written communication skills, as well as presentation, facilitation, and team building skills. Candidates with successful architecture development experience at VA will be given a higher level of consideration. Vista experience will also be given preference.
An advanced degree in a related technical field is desired. A broad familiarity with the technology products market, and exposure to federal healthcare applications and platforms, and experience with federal healthcare systems is preferred. Familiarity with Federal Enterprise Architecture frameworks (FEA, DoDAF, EPLC, and FHA) and supporting modeling tools, along with an understanding of federal and commercial healthcare related standards is also desired.
Requires US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder) with the ability to obtain a site clearance.