Leidos is seeking a junior to mid-level Master Scheduler in Vicksburg MS, to support the US Army Corps of Engineers ACE-IT Program.
The Government requires a Master Scheduler to create, modify, maintain, and retire project schedules and related data. The Integrated Master Scheduler will prepare and coordinate the modeling and re-engineering of the Integrated Master Schedule for new or existing projects and support the integration of the Integrated Master Plan/WBS into the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
The IMS serves to report on current project status as well as scheduling pending work activities based on resource availability analysis. All schedules (containing milestones, tasks, task durations, dependencies, and resources assigned) required throughout the contract must be contained in the IMS. Schedules should be broken down into individual projects with related information (recent accomplishments, pending accomplishments, risks, issues, category headlines) and kept current in the ACE-IT Project Portfolio Dashboard.
The Integrated Master Scheduler will be responsible for generating and maintaining the Project Master Schedule through coordination and collaboration across the program. The Integrated Master Scheduler provides project scheduling and project controls as project management support on various complex projects. The position requires exceptional organizational and multitasking skills and ability to coordinate with multiple project teams.
Support sessions with senior leadership, stakeholders, and project teams to elicit schedule input, support monitoring/tracking and support execution of periodic reporting against schedule performance. Candidate will perform rudimentary analytics in support of schedule reporting, such as project tasks at risk based on forecast and actual completion.
* Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience.
* Interim Secret Clearance required prior to start.
* Qualified candidates must be fluent in the use of Microsoft Project for developing and maintaining individual project schedules in an Integrated Master Schedules (IMS).
* Strong analytical and follow through skills.
* Strong verbal and written communications skills.
* Ability to coordinate and get cooperation from multiple areas within IT to accomplish assignments.
* Ability to work well independently on defined tasks.
* Ability to work well as part of a team.
* Prior USACE/ACE-IT experience.
* Experience working in a DoD environment.
* PMI certification (PMP, CAPM, PMI-SP)
* Prior experience in creating and maintaining MS Project schedules in excess of 1,000 tasks with external dependencies.
* Conversant in EVM principles; experience using EVM a plus.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.