The project manager will manage a team of software developers, testers, configuration management staff and business analysts. The team works side by side with the customer as part of a larger team staffed by the customer. Team size is 20 – 25 in total. The project manager is responsible for understanding the customer application set, organizations, processes, standards, and communication style. The PM will be the primary point of contact for customer manager/leadership and Leidos management. The position requires the capability to understand customer needs, manage customer expectations, and provide a responsive demeanor and proactive approach.
• Experience is expected in delivering services for O amp;M mission critical enterprise applications with user bases exceeding 1000.
• The selected candidate will be focused on timely delivery of all deliverables (technical documents, schedules, status reports, invoices, etc.) and must quickly be able to grasp current client processes and political nuances.
• Experience managing project budgets and working with a project finance resource is expected.
• Excellent verbal and written skills are critical.
• Experience re-engineering existing applications into more modern platforms would be beneficial.
Typically requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.