Leidos is seeking a Program Manager (PM) to support a large, complex Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) program.
The PM will be responsible for key aspects of program execution and report to the Time Based Flow Management (TBFM) Senior Program Manager.
As a Program Manager, you will oversee assigned parts of the program scope to ensure contract conformance within program schedule, cost, quality, and profit objectives.
The primary program scope will include all Operations Funded CLINs ( gt;$10M annually). Duties for the position include:
- Performing program-wide horizontal integration planning and identification and management of internal and external dependencies.
- As required, manage the development of task orders and cost proposals for submission to the FAA.
- Serve as the program Risk and Opportunity Management Board (R amp;OMB) Chairperson.
- Responsible for ensuring that all program risks and opportunities are identified, regularly assessed, and contain viable mitigation and/or optimization plans to enable the program performance objectives to be achieved.
- Responsible for reviewing the program risks with the customer on a monthly basis.
- As necessary, presenting risks/opportunities at any internal audits/reviews.
- Management of the program CR Screening meeting with the FAA to include creating agendas, publishing minutes, tracking actions and providing internal direction for meeting decisions.
- Responsible for authoring the monthly Management Indicators Report CDRL.
- Developing a solid understanding of Corporate Policy LP-PE-1 (Program Execution) and be responsible for ensuring the program implementation of the TBFM Program Management Plan (PMP) on the TBFM program.
- Leading the program team in internal and/or external audits.
- Approval of final documents and deliverables for completeness and conformity to requirements.
- Participate in customer monthly program reviews, cost reviews, risk review, and other customer meetings or briefings. As required, prepares materials/briefings.
- Responsible for achievement of mission critical milestones and contract performance on an ongoing basis.
- As required, represent the PM team in customer and internal reviews and meetings.
- Other duties and responsibilities will be assigned as required by the program.
The selected candidate will be able to telecommute a maximum of 2 days per week.Qualifications:Typical education and experience:
- Typically requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Experience leading System Engineering, Software and Test teams or similar.
- Experience related to project/program management with a strong business acumen.
- Strong understanding of program and business operations within the FAA.
- Ability to anticipate customer needs and formulate and propose solutions.
- Ability to operate and manage effectively with minimal guidance.
- Demonstrated skills in the effective management and oversight of team members in various locations.
- Possess a high degree of ethics, strong core values and an optimistic outlook.
- Strong leadership, teamwork, and customer relations skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communication and formal presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently with initiative, creativity and innovation.
- Demonstrated program management skills.
- Ability to travel between Washington, DC and Atlantic City, NJ. (Travel estimated to be at 10%)
- Experience with Air Traffic Programs Engineering or similar processes preferred
- Previous Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) program experience preferred.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.