The DoD Information Systems Division of Leidos has an opportunity for a Systems Engineering Manager, contingent upon contract award, in San Antonio, TX. <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
The Systems Engineering Manager will provide technical expertise and functional management to a large cross-functional team for the Air Force Integrated Personnel and Pay System (AFIPPS) contract. Work will be performed in San Antonio, TX.
Successful candidate will provide Systems Engineering technical and functional management support within a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) software development environment. The candidate should have a background working within an Agile execution construct, and prior management or lead role experience. Ideal candidate has hands on Systems Engineering and Architecture experience and knowledge base with operating and integration in a DoD/DISA environment, Oracle HW and OS COTS products, and Oracle E-Business Suite R12 HR and Payroll applications.
Roles and Responsibilities:
There are two primary areas of responsibilities, Functional Management and Technical Management.
Functional Management responsibilities may include:
- Providing leadership and direction to System Engineering and Architects team members
- Staffing current program openings for the team
- Collaborating with subcontractor team members’ leadership for staffing needs
- Onboarding new program team members, ensuring they are brought up to speed on the scope of the program
- Executing the performance assessment, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions for the team members under purview
- Updating corporate tools related to personnel staffing and functional needs
- Planning and allocating resources across program for financial reporting
- Managing and reporting on cost accounts for earned value management
- Managing personnel on the development teams
- Overseeing training team members
- Performing timecard review and approval actions
Technical execution responsibilities may include:
- Providing technical strategy and direction to program’s Systems Engineers and Architects
- Tracking content status across program’s Systems Engineering teams
- Facilitating collaboration across engineering/architecture teams within program
- Briefing customer on development progress throughout program increment cycle
- Participating and supporting engineering review boards, design reviews, and ensuring system designs are compliant with customer requirements
- Participating and supporting integrated product teams with external agencies
- Provide technical execution oversight to the engineering team throughout each program increment
- Supporting customer engineering milestones
- Supporting and reviewing the development of customer deliverable, including requirements documents, design reviews, architecture diagrams, etc.
- Experience or understanding of engineering tools: Visio, Systems Architect, DOORS, and JIRA
To be considered for this position, you must initially meet the knowledge, skills and abilities listed below:
- Minimum 3 years personnel management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership and staffing experience
- Understanding and background in COTS integration
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management
Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
Must be US Citizen.