The DoD Information Systems Division of Leidos has an opportunity for a Software Engineering Manager, contingent upon contract award, in San Antonio, TX. <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
The Software Engineering Manger will provide technical expertise and functional management to a large cross-functional team for the Air Force Integrated Personnel and Pay System contract. Work will be performed in San Antonio, TX.
Successful candidate will provide software development and functional management support within a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) software development environment. The candidate should have a background working within an Agile execution construct, and prior management or lead role experience. Past experiences as a scrum master, product owner, and/or software engineer will be significantly beneficial in this role. Ideal candidate has hands on software development experience and knowledge base with Oracle E-Business Suite R12 HR and Payroll applications and a solid understanding of application integration in a DoD/DISA environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
There are two primary areas of responsibilities, Functional Management and Technical Management.
Functional Management responsibilities may include:
- Providing leadership and direction to development team members
- Staffing current program openings for the team
- Collaborating with subcontractor team members’ leadership for staffing needs
- Onboarding new program team members, ensuring they are brought up to speed on the scope of the program
- Executing the performance assessment, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions for the team members under purview
- Updating corporate tools related to personnel staffing and functional needs
- Planning and allocating resources across program for financial reporting
- Managing and reporting on cost accounts for earned value management
- Managing personnel on the agile software development teams
Technical execution responsibilities may include:
- Providing technical strategy and direction to program’s Agile teams
- Tracking content status across program’s agile teams
- Facilitating collaboration across development teams within program via Scrum of Scrums meeting and other less formal forums
- Briefing customer on development progress throughout program increment cycle
- Leading metrics collection and dissemination
- Facilitating sprint and program increment demos for internal and external audiences
- Managing schedule execution and overall release plan for the program
- Provide technical execution oversight to the development team throughout each program increment
- Provide leadership and coordination to shepherd baseline releases from development code cutoff to integration and test environments.
- Supporting customer milestones
Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
To be considered for this position, you must initially meet the knowledge, skills and abilities listed below: