The Special Projects Division of Leidos has an opening in Bridgewater, VA for a Flight Test Engineer. Assigned as the Flight Test Engineer (FTE) for multiple airborne programs, the FTE supports the Flight Test Lead by accomplishment of the tasks described below:
- Plans, coordinates, manages, and executes full spectrum flight tests on fixed wing aircraft.
- Prepare for flight tests by a review of applicable requirements and specification documentation.
- Develop flight test plans with mission relatable, requirements traceable, and intuitively testable metrics along with a scope and method to evaluate systems.
- Coordinate cross team, subcontractor, and customer personnel (pilots, sensor operators, data analysts, test observers, etc.) to support test execution.
- Execute flight test events.
o Provide on-site test management, data collection, briefing, debriefing, and configuration control.o As required, fly and/or operate test systems and/or instrumentation during test events.
- Analyze test data and produce test reports that provide results, supporting data, conclusions, and recommendations based on the system’s intended mission, stated requirements, and applicable specifications.
- Record system deficiencies or “squawks” discovered in the flight test program and monitor efforts toward correction.
- Support customer acceptance test procedures.
- MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN SECRET CLEARANCE.
- MUST BE ABLE TO PASS FAA CLASS 3 FLIGHT PHYSICAL.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an accredited institution and minimum of 3 years of related flight test experience; degree can be substituted with minimum total of 5 years of flight test experience.
- Candidate must be able to travel throughout the U.S. to support flight tests and have the ability to obtain a passport or visa to travel internationally.
- Diverse test engineering experience with a variety of electronic or mechanical systems as well as experience working in an agile and fast paced environment.
- Organizational skills (scheduling, documentation, etc)
- Comfortable in the presentation of preflight mission briefings as well as program status briefs to customers and senior decision makers.
- Communication (written and verbal) along with interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office software products.
- Active Secret clearance.
- Flight testing experience.
- Knowledge and experience of electro-optical sensors, radios, and radar.
- Familiarity with FAA airworthiness directives and Army regulations.
- FAA pilot certification.
External Referral EligibleTA_4Leidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.