We are currently seeking a Systems Administrator to be part of our world-class team environment. Your job will be your play ground to solve problems, apply your passion for high performance computing and soar with the pace of technology.
Leidos was named by LinkedIn as one of the best U.S. Companies and Forbes’ “America’s Top 500” list. Employees appreciate our flexible work environment, engaging careers and comprehensive benefits making Leidos a thriving workplace. Selected, qualified candidates are eligible for Relocation Assistance and Sign-on Bonus.
You will support cutting edge High Performance Computing (HPC) systems including hardware, firmware, operating systems, system utilities, and 3rd party software applications. The position is responsible to perform advanced level systems administration related to overall strategy, design, implementation, use of computing resources, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments and related software. Responsibilities include:
- Schedule, plan, and oversee system upgrades.
- Develop functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinate with development teams on systematic enhancements or changes.
- Configure operating systems (Unix, Linux, Windows) and associated supporting software and utilities to optimize systems performance and systems services.
- Perform an analysis of the benefits and risks of implementing hardware and software updates prior to implementing changes.
- Validate and implement critical system patches.
- Administer, manage and optimize system data and databases.
- Coordinate with vendor OEM personnel as necessary to administer systems.
- Maintain classified and unclassified data storage systems.
- Provide user support for all computer systems.
- Maintain utilization, availability and performance data, and operation and maintenance logs.
- Perform root causes analysis when directed by the Government or when data indicate a trend requiring further analysis.
- Interact and collaborate with all levels of the team to provide analysis, recommendations, and direction related to system administration functions.
Required Experience amp; Education:
- Security+ / DOD 8570 certification required.
- Strong hands-on experience with Linux; Linux+ or Red Hat certification desired.
- Active DoD Top Secret security clearance.
- Knowledge of HPC systems, scalable, parallel architectures, Unix workstation and server implementations, and computer graphics hardware and software.
- Knowledge and ability to develop systems software and scripts using conventional high level languages (C, C++), shell scripts, and web-based tools.
- Ability to understand and capture computer system design, implementation, and operations requirements through interaction with users and development teams.
- Ability to manage user requirements, prioritize and develop project plans, manage multiple complex projects simultaneously, and communicate with and understand the requirements of scientists and engineers in the deployment of HPC solutions.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or relevant area of study and 7-10+ years related experience.
External Referral EligibleLeidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.