The Defense amp; Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Functional Analyst to work in our O’Fallon, IL office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience by providing support on the TRANSCOM Reference Data Management (TRDM) program. TRDM is the USTRANSCOM enterprise reference data repository. TRDM facilitates interoperability through the centralized management and distribution of reference data tables derived from hundreds of authoritative sources. Primary Responsibilities
Analyzes USTRANSCOM business and TRDM customer needs, documents requirements and translates into proper system requirements specifications. Requirements include requests to manage new reference data, requests for changes to existing reference data structures, and requests for new or updated views, filters, or web services to deliver data. Reviews reference data requirements submitted to the TRDM Program Management Office (PMO) via the group email box or TRDM website. Documents requirements and specifications in accordance with program and enterprise level standard operating procedures. Documents the specifics of the requirement in the Government-provided TRDM Configuration Management application. In association with the Government, works with other systems’ contractor representatives with operational expertise to perform an in-depth requirements analysis. Works with TRDM users to gather data requirements from the Government, analyzes these requirements, and utilizes the appropriate information exchange mechanisms within the Data Quality software to obtain the data. Coordinates and participates in feasibility studies and implementations. Formulates and defines system scope and objectives based on user needs. Coordinates testing of new functionality and bug fixes.Qualifications:
EDUCATION amp; EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree in related field, 2-6 years of prior relevant experience
Bachelor’s degree in related field, 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience Associate’s degree in related field, 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience
- United States Citizen
- Secret Clearance (Active)
Most qualified candidates will also have the knowledge and/or experience in the following:
- Ability to communicate and coordinate effectively with business and technology teams to ascertain system requirements, such as program functions, output requirements, input data acquisition, execution of user acceptance, and may coordinate testing and system controls.
- Deep understanding of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of technical domain and has broad understanding of other related business or technical specialty areas.
It is preferred that you be familiar with the following:
- TRANSCOM Reference Data Management (TRDM)
- USTRANSCOM/DOD Programs
- Integration of COTS, GOTS, or Open Source Technologies
- Virtualized Web, Application, and Database Server Environments
- Cloud Environment
- Configuration Management Tools
- User Interface Design/User Interface Engineering
- International Standards Organization (ISO)/ International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) 12207 Information Technology-Software Lifecycle Processes
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)/EIA 12207.0, Standard for Information
- ISO/IEC/IEEE 15288: Systems and Software Engineering – System Life Cycle Processes
- DoDI 5000.02 – Acquisition Systems Operations and 15288.1 Standard for Application of Systems Engineering on Defense Programs
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.