The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) of Leidos has a career opportunity for a Control Account Manager to support a critical modernization effort of the Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS) in order to satisfy the vision of Program Executive Office (PEO) Command Control Communications - Tactical (C3T) and Project Manager Mission Command.
This effort is to meet the government’s objective to modernize the underlying AFATDS architecture, redesign the AFATDS front-end to a fully web- and role-based interface, integrate available common services made available through the Army’s Common Operating Environment (COE), and incorporate advanced embedded training technologies to aid in operator-initiated system instruction and refresher training. This next-generation version of AFATDS is referred to as AFATDS 7.0.
This individual will act as a lead for the other Control Account Managers on the program and will interface with the Program Manager, Technical Director, and Chief Engineer. The Senior Control Account Manager (CAM) plays a critical role as part of the Earned Value Management System process and will support the definition and implementation of the supporting tools architecture and toolsets. The Sr CAM will work closely with the Program Manager and Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead to define the Cost Account (CA) work scope, schedule and budget assigned to each of the supporting CAMs. The Sr CAM has full responsibility for managing the cost, schedule and technical performance for all work within their assigned Control Accounts (CA) and will provide oversight to the supporting CAMs related to variances. The Sr CAM is accountable to the Program Manager for Control Account Performance across the program.
The CAM is responsible for:
• Performance of assigned CAs and CAMs within the program Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
• Interface with other internal teams to develop and prepare resource assignments, identify and document schedule and risk, and manage the integrity of the baseline data
• Provide oversight to other CAMs regarding establishment and maintenance of the Control Account Plan
• Verification and control of costs charged to the CAs
• Determination of work accomplished via Earned Value metrics
• Flowing down CA work scope to supporting departments, and tasking contributors via work packages
• Conducting formal cost and schedule variance analysis and development of recovery plans
• Preparing for Program Reviews, Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBRs) and other program or management reviews
This position requires knowledge in the development, maintenance, and/or tracking of: Work Breakdown Structures (WBSs) and related dictionaries, the Organizational Breakdown Structure (OBS), Control Accounts, Basis of Estimates (BOEs), Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB), the change management process, the work authorization process, subcontractor management, material control, cost collection, technical performance, integrated reporting, forecasting Estimates at Completion (EACs), and implementing corrective actions.
There will be significant interaction with members of the program team to include the Program Manager, Technical Director, Chief Engineer, IPT leads and may involve interaction with Line Management, Finance personnel, Contracts personnel, Procurement, senior technical personnel, and various other functional or support organizations.
• Bachelor’s degree in technical or business discipline and minimum of 12 years prior relevant experience OR Master’s degree with 10 years of prior relevant experience. May substitute BS for 4 years of relevant experience.
• Working knowledge of EVMS and scheduling processes and required tools
• Experience with cost and schedule integration tools
• Must be extremely proficient in MS Excel or similar desktop tools that provide capabilities to collect and analyze information
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Project, Word, and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of Customer Reporting (i.e., Integrated Program Management Report (IPMR), Contracts Funds Status Report (CFSR), etc.)
• Project management or project control experience working with WBS, OBS, Control Accounts, BOEs, IMSs, cost accounting and financial management systems, work authorizations, process management systems, and/or reporting
• Understanding of cost and schedule development as well as controls to conduct root cause analysis and identify corrective actions
• Experience with Estimate to Complete (ETC) and Estimate at Complete (EAC) processes
• Experience with baseline change control processes
• Experience with monthly schedule status processes
• Familiarity in software development lifecycle and ability to understand and manage highly technical tasks
• Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team
• Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Accurate verbal and written communication skills to convey or exchange routine information
• US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD SECRET security clearance
• Expert level Microsoft Excel and Project
• Experience managing or performing on highly technical software development programs
• Knowledge of COBRA functionality
• Specific experience with Leidos tool suite to include CostPoint/Deltek, Fusion, SLICS
• Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principals
• Experience as a Control Account Manager in an Earned Value Management Systems environment
• Experience with Deltek wInsight analytics software
• Master’s Degree in a technical or business discipline
• Currently possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance