If you have a current DoD TS/SCI security clearance...Read on! Relocation assistance and Sign-on bonus are available to qualified, selected candidates.
We're looking for Database Engineers
wanting to join a tight knit team who appreciates your contributions and efforts! Bring your desire to learn and work with a team interested in growing your skills! Responsibilities include:
- Working with Development Team to determine data operations and database requirements by analyzing Customer operations and applications
- Reviewing and refining functional and operational objectives with Customer
- Evaluating emerging technologies IAW Customer operational objectives and requirements for new database design and implementation solutions
- Support the design, development and implementation of data solutions to include: database architecture design, prototyping for proof of concepts, development of database application software, testing and data solution debugging
- Support the installation and configuration of database systems within Customer’s enterprise architecture
- Support technology/system development team as necessary during design, development, testing and delivery to ensure solid, scalable, robust solutions.
- Support and maintain data and database systems to ensure the recoverability of all production data for operational and business continuity needs
At Leidos, we strive to provide engaging careers, a collaborative culture and work to improve the lives of our employees to develop a thriving workplace. This is the perfect opportunity for candidates interested in taking the next step in their career! "External Referral Bonus eligible"Qualifications:
EDUCATION amp; EXPERIENCE:
- Current DoD TS/SCI security clearance.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience.
- Solid grasp of relational database theory and operations
- Database application development experience using either C#.NET, Java or Python
- Familiarity with MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL
- Solid knowledge and understanding of stored procedures, triggers, and other database objects
- A sincere desire to learn new stuff
Optional Skills – (If you don’t know this stuff we’ll teach you):
- Experience building and deploying C#.NET Windows or ASP.NET applications hitting an MS SQL Server 2008r2 database (or later version) using either Microsoft’s Enterprise Library or Entity Framework
- Understanding and experience using Subversion or similar code repository
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.