Leidos is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to work in Suitland, MD.
This position is ideal for an individual who loves technology and wants to design multi-tier/multi-platform solutions. The position will participate in all design and development activities within a small and focused software development team.
The candidate will engage in all phases of the software development lifecycle developing software solutions targeted for a Microsoft Windows environment. The position will be responsible to recommend and manage changes to project objectives and priorities. Responsibilities will also include the development of new functional capabilities and supporting software maintenance tasking as required. Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, concepts and theories of
systems and software analysis, design, construction and test engineering is a must.
"External Referral Bonus eligible"
An active DoD TS/SCI clearance is required for consideration.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field and 8-12 years related experience.
- Sound understanding of the following deployment target platforms: MS Windows 2008 server/terminal server, MS Windows 2003 server amp; Enterprise Red Hat Linux. Experience with MS Visual Studio.
- Experience with the full lifecycle software development process including requirements analysis, software architecture definition, software design, prototyping, programming, debugging and testing, system software integration and testing, software deployment and user training.
- Proficiency with object oriented design and programming practices is required. Languages: C# amp; SQL/TSQL
- Practical understanding of the .NET framework 3.5/4.0 and CLR
- Experience developing in an automated build, test amp; deployment environment
- Practical experience with OOP, TDD and agile development models
- Strong computational amp; problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communicator, able to analyze and clearly articulate complex issues and technologies
- Effective and proven personal ability to move projects forward on a schedule with minimal direct supervision
- Capable of learning new technologies and tools as needed
- The ideal candidate must be a motivated team player with excellent customer relations and interpersonal skills.