Leidos Corporate Accounting team is looking for an experienced Accountant in Tucson – AZ. The Accountant will be responsible for preparing balance sheet reconciliations, journal entries, reviewing accruals, analytics, reporting, fluctuation analysis, subledger reviews and supporting other accounting activities as required. The Accountant will monitor compliance related to administrative policies, internal controls, accounting policies, etc. The Accountant should possess the skills to identify issues, hold meetings with stakeholders and resolve matter in a timely manner. The position will require the Accountant to reach out to our internal customers and work with others in the Accounting Department.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and 2-4 years of Accounting related experience.
- Knowledgeable of basic accounting principles, specifically, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Must be self-motivated and willing to independently study concepts and policies with the goal of shortening the learning curve
- Strong computer skills including advanced Microsoft Excel and a basic understanding of General Ledger software programs required
- Should have a flexible work schedule and the ability and willingness to work additional hours during surge or accounting close weeks
- Public Accounting experience with an Audit track is preferred Leidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.