Leidos Corporate Accounting team is looking for an Accountant in Tucson - AZ with a focus on accruals, analysis, balance sheet reconciliations, and other duties as deemed necessary by supervisor. The Accounting department has overall responsibility and ensuring compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act and all federal regulatory requirements imposed and audited by DCMA/DCAA.
- Responsible for financial analysis, journal entries, monthly processing of accruals, balance sheet analysis, assisting with internal and external audits, ad hoc reporting and other duties as deemed necessary.
- Assist in monitoring of compliance, administrative policies and procedures and the corporate accounting policies.
- Interact with supervisors, other accountants and functional areas to process transactions.
- Reach out to program finance community, and other members of the finance community.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and less than 1 year of relevant experience
- Familiar with basic accounting principles, specifically a basic understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Detail oriented with strong communication and analytical skills
- Must be self-motivated and willing to independently study concepts and policies with the goal of shortening the learning curve
- Strong computer skills including intermediate level experience with Microsoft Excel
- Should have a flexible work schedule and the ability and willingness to work additional hours during surge or accounting close weeks