Leidos' Defense and Intelligence Group is seeking a candidate to fill an Information Assurance Engineer position supporting DISA's GSM-O contract at Scott Air Force Base (AFB), IL In this role you will:
- Maintain the smooth operation of multi-user computer systems running various operating systems to include Oracle Solaris, Redhat Linux, Windows Server and appliances on a global network management system.
- Report to the applicable Service Delivery Manager and be a senior member of a team supporting the daily security operations.
- Be responsible to the program IAM for ensuring the appropriate operational Information Assurance (IA) posture is maintained for a DoD information system or organization.
- Provide support on a M-F business hours schedule, also responsible for on-call, extended hour, and weekend support as required by mission or emergency situations.
- Travel: approximately 10% of the job will require domestic and international travel.
- Be familiar with performing based on service level agreement (SLA). Work is performed based on the customer Accepted Level of Performance. Candidate is familiar performing within a fixed price, performance-based environment where performance is based on pre-determined Service Level Agreement's (SLA's) or Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALP's). Candidate is required to support the development, documentation and tracking of measurements and metrics relevant to the ALP's.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the system or enclave functions, its technical IA safeguards, and its operational IA measures.
- Works in conjunction with the Program Manager in the development and maintenance of the System Accreditation documentation.
- Is responsible to the Designated Approval Authorities for maintaining the approved, accredited baseline.
- Will be responsible for protecting the organization's information and information systems from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, perusal, inspection, recording and destruction.
- Duties may include: managing and enforcing of security strategies and policies within established guidelines.
- Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, IT Security Strategy, Cyber Security, and Compliance and Risk Management which includes IT Security and Compliance Teams.
- Work in a rapid paced environment and must be able to work independently to maintain the smooth operation and security of a multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators.
- Applies security settings and other commercial best practices such as DISA STIGS.
- Provide coaching and reviewing the work of lower level technical staff.
- Provide support on a M-F business hour schedule, also responsible for on-call, extended hour, and weekend support as required by mission or emergency situations.
External Referral Eligible GSMOQualifications:EDUCATION amp; EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 8-12 years of overall related experience working in a security domain. 4+ years of additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree. Required Qualifications:
- Must have extensive background in information systems to include Information Assurance, Computer Network Defense, and secure network configuration practices for servers, switches and routers.
- Must have strong communication and presentation skills. Must also must have strong interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills. The individual needs to be flexible, dependable and be able to multi-task with priorities.
- Must have experience or training in IA and IA supporting technologies to include firewalls (e.g. Palo Alto or Cisco ASA), authentication technologies (e.g., SecurID); Network Intrusion Detection Systems (e.g., Securify) and vulnerability assessment tools (e.g., Nessus, nmap, or RedSeal).
- Must have experience with application of security settings and other commercial best practices such as DISA STIGS.
- Holds NIST, DISA or DoD certification and accreditation processes (e.g., RMF)
- Currently possesses an active Secret security clearance and the ability to acquire a Top Secret security clearance is required for this position.
- Currently possesses DoD 8750 certification at least IAT level II, e.g. Security+ce
- ITIL v3 Foundation certified
- Thorough knowledge of networking principles to include TCP/IP a plus.
- Experience with a ticketing system such as BMC Remedy.
External Referral Eligible Leidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.