Leidos is looking for a Systems Engineer for a position in the Northern Virginia area. This position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance in order to be considered.
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for working to identify analyze and define application IT needs; including analyzing user needs to determine functional requirements ensuring that the technical solutions are consistent with the enterprise technical architecture. The SE will be expected to formulate and define the technology designs, based on enterprise technical architecture and enterprise processes. The SE is expected to identify architectural, technology, process, and user risks, and potential impacts. The SE will be expected to apply process improvement methodologies to improve upon the technology designs, in addition to providing a total systems perspective including a technical understanding of relationships, dependencies, and requirements of the software and hardware components. The SE is expected to work with software development life-cycles, agile, and create program and technical documentation. The SE is expected to define IT architectural and technical issues and provide expert level guidance to technical and program teams. The SE will work independently, as well as in a team, in addition to being able to coordinate and manage the resolutions of issues internally and externally.
- Typically requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain. - Demonstrated experience translating requirements into application and technical designs, systems requirements, and documentation.
- Demonstrated experience identifying technical and programmatic risks based on technical requirements and designs, and providing solutions to address those risks.
- Demonstrated experience working proactively with other technical experts and all levels, to include supporting security accreditation requirements, accreditation deliverables, and documenting security mitigations of vulnerability findings.
- Knowledge and experience with the following applications: Microsoft SharePoint, Jira, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrate experience with system administration of Microsoft Windows and Linux Servers.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining updates to all documentation that describes the scope, support, plans, requirements, and schedule status for the project.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing reported application issues to determine the cause and resolution in collaboration.
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.