Leidos has a career opening for an Airborne ISR Project Manager for the Airborne Reconnaissance Low - Enhanced (ARL-E) program located in Manassas, VA.
ARL-E is a five year program to design, development, integrate, test and deliver nine Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) aircraft to the US Army. The ARL-E Project Manager is a member of the leadership team and is responsible for managing the overall execution of aircraft integration, ground and flight testing on a day to day basis.
This involves working with leads and sub-contractors to synchronize separate tasks in order to achieve contractual, schedule and cost requirements. The Operations Manager provides senior leadership with analysis and solutions in order to mitigate risk and drive progress towards establish milestones and deadlines.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate, create and execute aircraft integration, ground test, and flight test plans to optimize effectiveness and prevent schedule disruptions.
- Managing the administrative, operations, maintenance staff, and operational employment of the program.
- Work with the ARL-E team to ensure all staff administrative requirements are met (i.e., housing, meals, transportation, etc.).
- Liaison with local Government customers and outside agencies in a timely and professional manner.
- Cost Account Manager.
- Ensure the maintenance of all equipment and facilities are in kept in accordance with US Army and local regulations.
- Ensure aircraft and equipment are maintained according to scheduled and unscheduled maintenance requirements.
- Oversee the flight operations, monitor and track status of all flights.
- Author Statements of Work and manage Sub-Contractors as required.
- Lead a multi-contractor team consisting of aircraft integration, flight operations, testing and analysis functions to ensure all requirements are met on schedule and on budget.
- Ensure employees are trained to perform their mission
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Experience with Airborne ISR, specifically in the areas of integration and testing.
- Understanding of aircraft operations with respect to safety of operations, personnel, and equipment.
- Ability to travel at a minimum of 50% of the time.
- Ability to write reports, maintain and update an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
- Knowledge and experience with Imagery and SIGINT analysis.
- Experience with supervision of people.
- Must have an active SECRET clearance.
- Experience working with multi-contractor teams in remote locations.
- Must hold a BS degree and 8 years’ experience or Master's Degree and 6 years experience. Additional years of applicable experience may be acceptable in lieu of a degree.
- Ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance.
- Experience with MS Project, Office, PowerPoint
- Knowledge and experience with FAA Part 145 guidelines
- Knowledge and experience with DHC-8 aircraft
- Knowledge and experience with equipment for MEP
- Experience with operational airborne ISR
- Experience with Earned Value Management
External Referral EligibleTA_4Leidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.