Leidos is seeking a Program Manager (PM) to support a large, complex Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) program.
The PM will be responsible for key aspects of program execution and reporting to the En Route Automation Modernization (ERAM) Senior Program Manager.
The PM will also oversee assigned parts of the program scope to ensure contract conformance within program schedule, cost, quality, and profit objectives.
The primary program scope will include primary responsibility for contract and proposal negotiations.
The PM will perform the following specific job duties:
- Perform program-wide horizontal integration planning and identification and management of internal and external dependencies.
- Act as primary POC for multiple simultaneous program proposals.
- Responsible for establishing cost, technical, schedule, and risk baselines for semi-annual ERAM Base Contract proposals.
- Responsible for multiple On-Contract Growth proposals for new enhancements added to the program baseline.
- Responsible for negotiating terms and conditions of contracts scope.
- Use understanding of Corporate Policy LP-PE-1 (Program Execution) to be responsible for ensuring the program implementation of the ERAM Program Management Plan (PMP) on the ERAM program.
- This includes leading the program team in internal and/or external audits.
- Approve final documents and deliverables for completeness and conformity to requirements.
- Participate in customer monthly program reviews, cost reviews, risk review, and other customer meetings or briefings.
- As required, prepare materials/briefings.
- Responsible for achievement of mission critical milestones and contract performance on an ongoing basis.
- As required, represent the PM in customer and internal reviews and meetings.
Qualifications:Typical education and experience:
- Other duties and responsibilities will be assigned as required by the program.
- Typically requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Strong understanding of program and business operations with the FAA
- Experience leading System Engineering, Software and Test teams
- Experience related to project/program management with strong business acumen
- Experience with proposal development and negotiations
- Must possess a high degree of ethics
- Strong core values and an optimistic outlook
- Strong leadership, teamwork, and customer relations skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication and formal presentation skills
- Ability to work independently with initiative, creativity and innovation
- Demonstrated program management and contract negotiation skills.
- Ability to travel between Washington, DC and Atlantic City, NJ (estimated to be about 10% of the time)
- Ability to anticipate customer needs and formulate and propose solutions.
- Ability to operate and manage effectively with minimal guidance.
- Demonstrated skill in the effective management and oversight of team members in various locations.
- Experience with Air Traffic Programs Engineering or similar processes preferred
- Previous Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) program experience preferred.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.