This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
The selected individual will be responsible for writing system-level test procedures for testing and evaluating changes made to software applications and for helping correct defects discovered during development test and/or operational use. Job duties include performing integration and system level testing.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
• Review and edit current automated test scripts and create new automated test scripts.
• Interface with software engineers, system engineers, information assurance engineers, and other project team members using the Agile Scrum methodology.
• Implement Test Driven Development (TDD) practices within the program’s agile framework to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks.
• Perform regression testing, covering full suite of Operational Test Scenarios for builds and/or images to be delivered to customer.
• Verify specific action or function of code and demonstrate successfully to the customer.
• Prepare test report summarizing test results including anomalies, systems errors, and configuration changes.
• Interact with developers and customers to plan and resolve concerns before, during, and after regularly scheduled software demonstrations.
• Support the software configuration management process and understand software components and their interface requirements.
• Develop test data and define test acceptance criteria.
• Assist the software development team in the implementation of automated regression testing.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• A Bachelors degree and 5+ years of experience in software testing and/or development.
• Experience developing and conducting system tests to evaluate compliance with customer requirements.
• Experience documenting test procedures based off of acceptance criteria derived from system requirements.
• Experience documenting test results for corrective actions, reports, and audits.
• Experience in testing systems from existing system and functional specifications.
• Experience with implementing regression testing for software.
• Experience analyzing test data, using configuration management tools, and testing applications.
• Strong communications and interpersonal skills required.
• Must be able to plan and prioritize personal tasking and be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Must be an independent thinker, capable of performing high quality work, both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Experience working with individuals within the following groups: software development, testing, integration, deployment, and sustainment.
• Skill/experience with Java development.
• Experience in software development or test on an Agile team is highly desirable.
• Experience with automated test creation and execution optional.