Team members will collaborate on all activities to support systems engineering, integration, software capability/maintenance and related support services. Team members will be encouraged to adopt and implement industry-best practices and encouraged to explore the latest technology and most efficient practices.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, a quick learner and able to work independently while collaborating with other team members and external components in a complex environment. Join our team and shape positive innovation!
Specific responsibilities include:
• Database installation and administration
• Develop and administer codes and methods to monitor and report database availability and performance.
• Developing and maintaining system documentation including SOP, CONOPS, SSP, Request for Change (RFC), Authorized Service Interruption (ASI), Outage Notification (AO), capacity planning worksheet
• Document database architecture and update data models describing data elements and how they are used.
• Open and update technical support cases with Oracle support to resolve functional or security issues.
• Review and update database management system manuals.
• Performing the operating system and database software upgrades and patches.
• Performing threshold forecasting, sizing, capacity planning, and trend analysis.
• Performing the database tuning, migration, recovery, archival, and purging of data
• Configure data import, export, clustering, backup, retention, mirroring, replication and fail over solutions
• Maintaining, administering, developing, testing, planning and documenting changes to production environments.
• Ensuring FISMA and CATB requirements are met at the database level.
• Managing job and activity schedules to promote optimal performance, maximum availability and minimize data latency and data load duration.
• Plan and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
• Specify users and user access levels for each segment of database
• Provide technical advice to programmer analysts regarding time and costs required to update records in support of their projects.
• Modify existing databases and related management systems or inform programmers and analysts how to make changes.
• Working with developers to troubleshoot operational issues and ensure data integrity
• TS/SCI Security clearance
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
• 5+ years experience as Oracle DBA
• Security+ or higher certification
• Oracle Enterprise Manager, SQL Plus, Toad, ERP Knowledge
• Knowledge of DISA security practices
• Solaris, RHEL and Windows Operating Systems
• Experience in commercial cloud environments (AWS, vSphere, OMCS)
• Experience in platform migration
• Experience in cloud migration
• Experience in Agile development