Protective Services provides 24/7 security coverage for the NCI-Frederick campus, the Pilot Plant, and the Advanced Technology Research Facility. (ATRF)
The Protective Services Officer will:
- Perform periodic inspection of all grounds and facilities.
- Control access to facilities through the use of a computerized access control system.
- Respond to scientific alarms
- Observe surroundings for possible health and safety hazards
This PSO will work a part-time shift, Saturdays and Sundays, from 11:30 a.m. to Midnight.Qualifications:
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- A minimum of one year job related or one year of experience at Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc.
- Applicants with no previous security guard experience may be considered for this position as a Protective Services Officer Trainee
- Must attend training in hazardous waste operations at the awareness level
- Ability to routinely lift and carry up to 50 lbs.; climb stairs and ladders; work involves walking, standing, bending, stooping and working in confined areas; potential exposure to particulates, vapors or noisy environment
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Must become First Aid, CPR/AED certified within 60 days of hire date
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Previous security or military training
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.