The Civil Solutions Group is currently seeking a Data Integration Engineer to support a large healthcare contract in Leeds, UK through the end of the year.
Design and Implement Data ingestion framework and pipelines into a Hadoop Data Lake for a UK Government strategic project. <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
· Design, develop, and test data extract, transform, and Load (ETL) for a Hadoop data lake hosted in AWS
· Communicate solution design options and recommendations
· Support creation of Project Plan, identification of Risks, and generation of Risk Mitigation Plans
· Hands on experience in developing application using Apache Spark or MapReduce on Hadoop-based big data platform.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
· Experience analyzing data with Hive and Pig
· In-depth knowledge of Java, SQL, and XML
· Experience developing applications on Linux platforms
· Experience with back end database architectures, relational and full lifecycle software development
· Experience with ETL tools
· Experience with development in cloud hosted environment such as AWS or equivalent
· Experience with System Development Lifecycle processes amp; documentation
· Experience estimating task effort and identifying dependencies
· Excellent communication skills
· BS degree and 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 years of prior relevant experience
List additional skills and experience that is “nice to have” but not required.
· Experience in software development in object-oriented and scripted languages (e.g. Java Script, C++, Perl, Python, Ruby).
· Experience implementing ETL in AWS