Leidos has a current job opportunity for a Network Engineer. The candidate will be a member of the Network Assurance Team on the DSIA GSM-O program. This position can be located in Ft. Meade, MD or Chambersburg, PA.
Perform network architecture reviews, and provide recommendations on network security strategy, and network instrumentation to support defensive cyber operations.
• Conduct network security architecture reviews to determine the size, and placement of intrusion monitoring equipment during the customer onboarding process.
• Conduct interviews with customers to clarify, refine and propose optimal sensor placement to meet customer security requirements.
• Conduct periodic architectural reviews of installed sensors to assess effectiveness and propose optimal installation alternatives as required.
• Conduct periodic reviews of sensor metric reports to evaluate and prioritize sensors for review and assessment.
• Engage with customers and the DISA team of stakeholders to continually assess and verify sensor service issues.
• Function as the lead network security design and architecture subject matter expert in support of DISA Task Order 29.
• Conduct and deliver monthly status updates to customer.
• Top Secret clearance w/ SCI Eligibility.
• 8570 IAT Level 2 certification (Security+, CCNA-Security, or equivalent).
• Bachelor’s Degree with 8+ years of experience (experience may be used in lieu of a degree).
• Experience with designing and securing enterprise network environments (traditional and virtual).
• Experience with designing and securing internal and public/private cloud-based environments.
• In-depth understanding of network security best practices and methodologies.
• Active TS/SCI clearance.
• Experience w/ DoD and DISA Networks.
• IDS, IPS, Cisco FirePOWER, FireSIGHT, NGIPSv, NGFW, SPAN, and TAP Experience w/ Software Defined Networks.
• Experience w/ cloud security strategy.
• Experience w/ MPLS, VRF, technologies including VPC, VDC.
• CISSP Certification.
• CCNP Certification.
• CCNA/CCNP in Security, R amp;S, or Data Center.
External Referral Eligible