Leidos has an opportunity for a Systems Administrator to work at Fort Belvoir VA. The Systems Administrator will handle account management, Hardware and Software technical support, troubleshooting, and ensuring the overall health of the network supported in a Windows based environment. Provides technical support and documentation from change request concept and design through development and integration for deployment in large complex IT systems.
Selected candidate will be responsible for:
• Working with managing Distributed Common DTRA Systems.
• Working on airborne network and computing environments/systems.
• Using virtualization, particularly VMware/ESXi.
• Providing Data and application backups, Information Systems disaster recovery efforts, and Information Systems vulnerability scanning and mitigation.
• Developing technical documentation (Standard Operating Procedures).
• Providing hardware and software installation, configuration, and testing.
• Researching and updating client management team on technologies and strategies to achieve the highest level of network efficiency.
• Aiding engineering staff with Hardware, software, and project specific system support.
• Providing input, response, and completion when applicable to Information Systems data-call audits.
• Providing updates and input on any agency overall to Information Systems efforts.
• Implementing DoD mandated security configurations.
• Installing and maintaining security patches on servers.
• Creating, maintaining and implementing detailed documentation for standard systems operating procedures to be used across the enterprise.
• Analyzing available hardware and software from outside vendors and make recommendation for purchase and installation of cost effective solutions.
• Reviewing work performed by lower level technical staff.
• Working closely with client Property Accountability Officer for logistics management and input as well as the DoD Information System Security Officer.
• Attending onsite/offsite meetings to include teleconferences (travel may be required)
• Supporting Information System Security Manager as the Information Security Officer, maintain stand-alone, classified, information system administration.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 10+ years of overall related experience with a Windows servers environment (e.g. 2008r2 and 2012r2).
- 4+ years of additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with Remote Desktop Services.
- Experience with Powershell scripting and experience in other languages like Python.
- Experience with application of security settings and other commercial best practices such as DISA STIGS.
- Experience with Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP).
- Experience with Group Policy Management (GPO) and applying Local Security Policies.
- Experience with Windows Task Scheduler.
- Experience Managing Active Directory.
- Configuring and maintaining MFD printers
- Experience with System (hardware) and application (software) installation and configuration.
- Application of security settings and other commercial best practices such as DISA STIGS.
- Experience with configuration, troubleshooting and maintaining VMWare environments.
- Currently possess an active TS/SCI security clearance or higher.
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at least IAT level II, e.g. Security+ce.
- Microsoft Server experience (2008R2,2012 amp; 2016).
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory Management.
- Domain Name Server Administration.
- Mobil Iron.
- Network Monitoring tools (Manage Engine, Software Center Configuration Manager.
- Candidates with a thorough knowledge of networking principles to included TCP/IP a plus.
- Experience with a ticketing system such as BMC Remedy.
- Experience working with virtual environments.
External Referral Eligible.