Leidos is seeking an Oracle Database Administrator to work on-site at the US National Data Center (US NDC). The US NDC is the geophysical data acquisition, data processing, reporting and archiving component of the United States Atomic Energy Detection System (USAEDS) operated by the Air Force Technical Applications Center (AFTAC) in Melbourne, FL. AFTAC's mission is to monitor compliance with nuclear test ban treaties to standards set by US verification and policy leaders. Candidate must possess a current Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI in order to be considered.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
The candidate will support a multi-year contract involving a state-of-the-art nuclear test monitoring system at Patrick AFB, Florida. The successful candidate will work with a team providing database administration support for the state-of-the-art nuclear test monitoring system that acquires, processes, reports, and archives data from a worldwide network of seismic, hydroacoustic and infrasonic sensors. Candidate will be a member of the database administration team responsible for the maintenance and sustainment of the US NDC databases to include Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) compliance, auditing, password management, backup and recovery. Work with the development and study task teams on database changes at all stages of the lifecycle from analysis through promotion. Assist with the scheduling, planning and execute of database installations, upgrades, and backup and recovery of the development, sustainment, operational and alternate systems. Maintain compliance with the define US NDC cybersecurity policies and procedures; as well as maintaining system documentation. Advise users on access to various databases and maintain access via Oracle wallets. Conduct quality control and auditing of databases in required environments to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data. Maintain Entity Relationship Diagrams. Work hand in hand with contractor and customer technical peers to accomplish mission tasks.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- US citizen with active DoD Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI
- Bachelor’s degree in related field amp; 8-12 years of related experience or Master's degree amp; 6-10 years of related experience.
- Possess strong Unix and Linux fundamentals to include shell scripting
- Experience working in a Solaris and Linux database environments
- Possess an active CompTIA Security+ certification
- Demonstrate competency with Oracle 11g, OMS, PL/SQL, RMAN, APEX, Oracle Streams
- Well versed in common Cyber Threat terminology, vulnerability and penetration test principles and methodologies, possess basic knowledge of cyber incident and response, and related current events
- Familiarity with DISA STIGs, NIST SP800-53.x requirements, and experience in conducting DoD vulnerability/compliance assessments
- Willing to comply with contract and customer training and certification requirements.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills to include the ability to render concise reports, summaries, and presentations
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experienced with Entity Relationship Diagram tool ER Studio
- Experienced with Shell scripting, UNIX, and Linux
- Familiar with software management tools; Clearcase and IBM Rational Team Concert
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience supporting with large and complex system
- Experience or familiarity with military operations and/or supporting a mission system
*External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.