Leidos currently has an opening for a Software Simulation Engineer to work in our Orlando, FL office.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Candidate must be capable of software development within a team oriented environment. Successful candidate will perform software development activity in support of a US Army simulation training application supporting new development, bug fixes and fielding. Candidate will develop new capabilities for the application including web based interfaces, and support the integration with the larger software development team. A successful candidate will be expected to support both in plant testing as well as exercises on an occasional basis in the field. This is a hands-on development position and a successful candidate will be expected to follow a structured software development process.
External Referral Eligible
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
· A Bachelor’s degree in related field and at least 4 years of software development experience in simulation modeling and distributed systems.
· Demonstrated familiarity with software development life-cycle products developed during requirements analysis, design, implementation, and testing phases.
· Demonstrated ability to creatively troubleshoot and solve software problems, and analyze performance problems. Must be willing to travel. Must have active Secret clearance.·
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
· Experience with ClearCase/ClearQuest and JIRA.
· Understanding or experience with Army domain modeling.
· Experience with the Joint Land Component Constructive Training Capability (JLCCTC)Previous work in an Agile development environment.