The Defense amp; Intelligence Group of Leidos has a Hardware Maintenance Technician at our customer site in Charlottesville, VA.
Leidos is building a team to provide IT repair, maintenance, operations, logistics, and engineering services to ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of Army Military Intelligence Enterprise IT Systems.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
• In-depth troubleshooting experience and ability to perform hardware maintenance and installation of IT equipment including Windows Desktops, Servers and related peripherals including printers, scanners, monitors, etc.
• Full working knowledge of equipment component inter-operational relationships required to perform maintenance services.
• Install and incorporate new releases, updates, or other changes to COTS hardware, software and drivers.
• Imaging of workstations.
• Large scale equipment Life Cycle Replacements.
• Perform minor system tasks (e.g., loading software, rebooting systems) in support of hardware maintenance and operations functions
• Operates and applies automated hardware management and diagnostics systems (to include remote management and diagnostics) and interprets findings to maintain, repair, or upgrade hardware
• Plans, executes, and provides recommendations for preventative maintenance
• Provides recommendations on spares, spares program, planning, and tracking operational spares and bench stock
• Provides technical assistance to responding field service personnel
• Develops new concepts and processes. Analyzes root causes and resolves issues. Supports more junior level technicians and specialists in their activities. Can perform all tasks of lower level technicians or specialists.
• Works individually, actively participates on integrated teams, and may also lead a task, project or team
• Requires guidance and direction from more senior level technicians, specialists, and managers only when dealing with new, uncertain situations. Provides guidance to lower level technicians and specialists.
• High school education or equivalent and 8 years of related experience or Associates Degree and 6 of related experience or Bachelors Degree and 4 years of related experience
• Possess an active TS/SCI clearance
• DoD 85708140 compliant at IAT level II
• CompTia Security + Certification (option for IAT level II)
• Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) (option for IAT level II)
• CCNA-Security Certification (option for IAT level II)
• GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC) (option for IAT level II)
• CompTIA A+ Certification
• MicroSoft MTA Certification
• MicroSoft Windows 10 Certification
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
External Referral Eligible