Leidos has a career opening for a Computer Aided Design (CAD) Drafter located in Bridgewater, VA. POSITION SUMMARY:The job of the entry level Computer Aided Design (CAD) drafter is to support ongoing design efforts, create 2D drawings for manufacturing and production, develop 3D models from 2D drawings, and support design efforts. The candidate will be required to work with other team members in a fast paced environment. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITES:
- Develop 2D drawings from 3D models using Autodesk Inventor or SolidWorks.
- Revise drawings based on engineering change requests/notifications.
- Develop and modify designs and drawings for mechanical components.
- Convert ideas and concepts into 3D CAD models using Autodesk Inventor or SolidWorks.
- Convert 2D drawings to 3D models using Autodesk Inventor or SolidWorks.
- Generate and maintain master drawing lists (MDLs).
- Create E-BOMs and M-BOMs.
- Develop and Maintain hardware database and models.
- High School and 3+ years of related experience.
- Excellent communications skills to interface with customers and peers.
- Proficient knowledge of computer systems, Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks, and Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Autodesk Vault and/or SolidWorks EPDM/PDM works.
- Working knowledge of ASME Y14.100, Engineering Drawing Practices and other industry standard drafting practices.
- Strong multitasking and time management skills.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism/guidance and adapt accordingly.
- Eligible to obtain minimum of Secret clearance.
- Associates Degree 0-2 years of design related experience.
- Knowledgeable in development of wiring diagrams and cable harness drawings.
- Knowledgeable on aircraft structures.
- Knowledgeable on Autodesk and SolidWorks data management software (e.g. ePDM).
- Active Secret clearance.
TA_4External Referral EligibleLeidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.