The Civil Health Operation is currently seeking an opening for a Web Developer (Front-end Drupal/ PHP) in Bethesda, MD.
As a member of our software development team, the individual will provide graphic and web design expertise for websites, and will be responsible for creating, enhancing, and implementing new web page designs in a primarily Drupal, PHP and WordPress environment using open source technologies to include, but not limited to, Drupal, PHP5, Bootstrap, CSS3, jQuery, and MySQL.
Responsibilities will include:
Support web design projects from concept through launch, incorporating the appropriate branding, and maintaining established standards and best web practices
• Develop innovative, highly usable interfaces; implement effective, graphical, and functional designs
• Recommend UI/UX approaches based on a strong understanding of W3C and usability, Section 508 standards and best practices, and reflect them in design as appropriate
• Analysis, development, deployment of client websites using standardized processes and development guidelines
• Deployment of open source solutions, e.g. Drupal, WordPress
• Strong ability to solve problems and troubleshoot LAMP-based web applications and code
• Research and learn new technologies and acquire new skills through independent study
• Test web applications in multi-platform, cross-browser development
• Work with clients and team members to determine creative design options that best meet the project requirements and communications goals
Excellent communications skills are a must, as the candidate will interface with academic researchers, senior staff, government customers, and contractor support personnel daily. The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and will be accustomed to working in a dynamic high-tech environment. This position presents ample opportunity for professional development and growth for the right candidate. The preferred applicant will have experience.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with 3 or more years of related web design and development experience.
• Demonstrated experience in designing and developing UIs in Drupal, and PHP or similar Web development frameworks
• Experience with developing and maintaining interactive user interfaces and object–oriented software
• Demonstrated proficiency and working experience in Drupal - has completed more than a few custom themes and modules.
• Working experience in building websites that are Section 508 compliant
• Requires US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Status) with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Level 5 Clearance.
• Understanding of OOP
• Knowledge of PHP and LAMP
• Strong communication skills
• Passion for open source
• Ability to multi-task