Leidos has a career opportunity for an Information Technologist located in Bridgewater, VA/Deploying OCONUS.POSITION SUMMARY:The Information Technologist will ensure efficient and smooth operation of IT systems in support of multiple deployed aerial surveillance platforms. The Information Technologist will be responsible for designing, configuring, and maintaining the information system. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITES:
- Design, monitor, manage, and troubleshoot internal and external networks to the enclave to include encryptors and firewalls.
- Design, monitor, manage, and troubleshoot the VMware virtual environment to include Horizon.
- Design, monitor and manage a storage appliance and ability to help troubleshoot issues with phone support.
- Research, implement, monitor, manage, patch, and troubleshoot various Microsoft products.
- Monitor and run pre-made queries in various types of databases.
- Implement, test, monitor, manage, and troubleshoot McAfee Suite to include ePolicy Orchestrator.
- Ability to review logs and vulnerabilities, identify potential issues, and engineer solutions to mitigate these issues.
- Ability to communicate issues with non-technical end user’s i.e. software and hardware.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years engineering experience in one of these areas Networking, VMware, or Microsoft servers. Additional 2 years of experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
- Security+ certification required. VCP, CCNA, or MSCE preferred.
- Ability to identify issues and research fixes.
- Knowledge of DISA STIGs and how to implement hardening to various technologies.
- Strong desire to grow and learn new technologies.
- Be willing to relocate to our Bridgewater, VA office.
- Be able to obtain a passport or visa to travel internationally.
- Be willing to travel CONUS or OCONUS.
- Be willing to work in Hardship and Hazardous locations.
- Be willing to work long hours and/or non-regular hours with minimal notice.
- Must be able to successfully accomplish the CONUS Replacement Center course which requires a successful deployment physical, immunizations, and training.
- Must be US Citizen.
- Must have or able to acquire a Secret security clearance.
External Referral EligibleTA_4Leidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.