The Civil Health Solutions group is currently seeking a Hadoop Infrastructure Engineer to support a large healthcare contract in Leeds, UK through the end of the year.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
Implement and operate Hadoop based Data lake solution hosted in the cloud for a strategic UK government initiative.
List daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities.
- Build, Maintain and Operate Big Data environment in cloud.
- Debug and resolve data processing and analytics issues.
- Proactive in evaluating and developing tools and technologies in improving the data analytics platforms.
- Architect and/or evaluate data analytics solutions
- Support development of data integration and data processing processes
- Share and collaborate with analytics and dev-ops teams
- Support creation of Project Plan, identification of Risks, and generation of Risk Mitigation Plans
· Experienced setting up and administering Hadoop platforms and data lakes<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
· Experienced setting up and administer applications in AWS based cloud environment.
· Strong expertise in working with Red Hat Linux and Java
· Experience with System Development Lifecycle processes amp; documentation
· Experience estimating task effort and identifying dependencies
· Excellent communication skills
· BS degree and 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 years of prior relevant experience.
List additional skills and experience that is “nice to have” but not required.