Leidos is a science and technology solutions leader built on a legacy of daring innovation and outstanding accomplishment. Leidos’ 33,000 employees support vital missions with our government and commercial customers and, together, solve some of the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and healthcare markets. Leidos employees transform problems into opportunities for their customers to meet their goals and advance their endeavors.
Leidos is looking for a high performing candidate to fill a position supporting the nation's nuclear deterrence mission with the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Defense Programs to provide technical program coordination on a major acquisition program. The scope encompasses providing subject matter expertise to analyze program activities across this mission critical program to advise the Federal Program Manager on decisions that impact achieving the goals set by national security organizations. This position requires an experienced person with demonstrated project management and engineering management expertise developed during engagement on large projects with commercial, Federal, and/or defense agencies. This is a full-time contractor-support position located on-site at the NNSA offices in Albuquerque NM.
The Senior Technical Program Coordinator is accountable for maintaining current awareness of issues, risks, and progress toward completion of the activities undertaken by the geographically dispersed national security laboratories, DOE laboratories and agencies, and commercial contractors. This person will be expected to provide situational analysis and advise the Federal program manager on matters pertaining to planning, integrating, and meeting policies, programs, and procedures.
Specific duties include:
• Establishing relationships with technical representatives from the NNSA national security laboratories, DOE laboratories and agencies, and commercial production contractors; attending meetings to monitor design and production progress and issues; and reporting on these to inform the Federal program manager decisions.
• Communicating complex program and budget execution concepts to the Federal program manager, senior leadership, external stakeholders and others with diverse technical understanding.
• Evaluating program variables and providing assessments to the Federal program manager regarding how well technical plans and solutions are proceeding on schedule and whether deliverables conform to customer requirements, quality control standards, and negotiated metrics.
• Coordinating program activities on behalf of the program manager to achieve outcomes to support the mission goal.
• Active DOE Q and/or DOD TS clearance
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, or other technical field and 12 years of experience with technical enterprises.
• 5 or more years of related program management of large projects and technical experience in military, government, or corporate construction, manufacturing, or production floor environments.
• Experience with project management tools and techniques, e.g., EVM and Primavera P6.
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite with particular emphasis on word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet applications (MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in developing briefings for senior and executive managers.
• Demonstrated successful experience with briefing and interacting with executive management, senior leadership, or members of Congress and their staff.
Desired Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Master’s degree in a related field and 10 years of prior experience.
• Staff experience in military, government or corporate enterprise and/or interagency experience.
• Experience with cost estimating, cost/benefit analysis, and PPBE process.
• Experience with interdisciplinary technical teams.
• Nuclear power production or nuclear weapon experience.
• Program Management Institute certification as a program management professional (PMP)