Leidos Corporate IT Enterprise Computing is seeking an enterprise level Storage amp; VMware Infrastructure Administrator with deep experience deploying, operating, maintaining and supporting EMC VNX, VMAX, amp; Isilon, NetApp, HP 3PAR storage architectures. As a secondary skill set, VMware vSphere and VDI.
The Storage and VMware amp; VDI Systems Administrator will perform a variety of operational related assignments associated with SAN and Storage operations, and virtualization software (VMware’s vSphere, and Horizon) on a set of enterprise-level IT systems in support of Leidos’ s data center environments.
Working within our IT Infrastructure Operations organization as SAN / Storage Admin, you will work with the rest of the team overseeing and maintaining our IT Infrastructure standards. The team will operate and maintain the environment so as to meet the day to day demand in an efficient cost effective manner. Team members are expected to support projects as subject matter experts, as required to meet IT objectives while managing available time based on priorities. The team is also expected to provide reports and metrics as needed by management to support engineering requirements analysis and capacity growth planning.
You must possess the ability to work well in a distributed team environment, and possess a highly ethical, trustworthy and reliable nature. The ability to utilize our Service Now system to adhere to rigid ITIL based change and release control processes and procedures are critical. You should also be able to demonstrate superior analytical and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to interact with varying levels of customers, staff and management.
- Perform a variety of assignments associated with Storage, Computer Hardware (virtual and physical), virtualization software (VMware’s vSphere, vCloud and View) and VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure on a set of enterprise-level IT systems in support of Leidos’ production data center environment.
- Responsible for capturing, analyzing and decomposing system requirements in order to generate and document design solutions that will be implemented, tested and eventually transitioned to the operational environment.
- Work with leads in other sub-systems, customers, and process owners to insure solution integration.
- Produce and maintain documentation of the server sub-systems in the data center environment, including as-built documentation, capacity/performance plans, as well as all other areas of server system life-cycle planning.
- Exploring new technologies related to the backup discipline, and making recommendations for their introduction into the data center environment.
- Troubleshooting and managing problem resolution including root cause analysis.
- Adhere to company policies and processes including change control, security, corporate policies, and Sarbanes
- Function as the technical lead for all design-to-cost and life-cycle activities for small-to medium-scale projects.
- Receive assignments in the form of objectives and establish goals to meet objectives.
- Establish and recommend changes to policies which affect subordinate organization(s).
- Provide guidance to others to achieve goals in accordance with established policies.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 4 years of experience in systems administration.
- Strong experience in administering and optimizing SAN amp; Storage based infrastructures as well as VMware ESX in a corporate data center environment while supporting hundreds of virtual servers and applications.
- Experience in optimizing VMware for utilization of SAN storage.
- Strong knowledge of EMC Family VMAX, VNX and CLARiiON, Cisco MDS 9000 Series, Storage EMC (clarion, vnx, vmax, Isilon) experience and NetApp experience
Experience with the following:
• VMware VSphere Enterprise 5.5 and above
• VMware Horizon 5.3 and above
• VMware Operation 5.8 and above
• Cisco UCS Blades 2.x experience
• Cisco UCS Manager 2.1 or above
• HP Blades / HP C7000 series experience
• HP Virtual Connect
• RecoverPoint experience
• Cisco Nexus experience
• MS Windows 2008 R2 experience
• Red Hat Linux 5/6 experience