COMPUTATIONAL amp; DATA SCIENTISTS * PROBLEM SOLVERS * ANALYTICAL THINKERS * COMMUNICATORS
OPPORTUNITIES FOR COLLEGE GRADUATES amp; SEASONED PROFESSIONALS
Are you passionate about using your talents to work on complex computational challenges in cancer, HIV and infectious diseases? Do you dream of working with renowned researchers using leading-edge genomics and bioinformatics approaches to understand human health and disease?
Come work with the Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research which is managed by Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. for the National Cancer Institute. It is the only U.S. national laboratory wholly focused on research, technology, and collaboration in the biomedical sciences – working to discover, to innovate, and to improve human health.
We have the immediate need for talented Bioinformatics Analysts and Genomic Data Scientists at all levels, across various teams dedicated to help the National Cancer Institute, other NIH institutes and federal agencies find cures for Cancer, HIV and other diseases.
We offer a creative flexible environment with rewarding work. We value continuous improvement and support employees attending conferences and training events throughout the year.
Depending on the team and the computational practice areas, our analysts and data scientists are responsible for one or more the following:
- the analysis and interpretation of high-throughput genomic data generated by microarray, next-generation sequencing, proteomics and metabolomics platforms
- designing, developing and deploying robust workflows, as well as custom scripts, to support the analysis of high-throughput data
- developing new capabilities in biomedical image analysis using machine learning and deep learning technologies
- mathematical modeling of chemical reactions, DNA and proteins
- developing network/systems biology approaches, including analysis of regulatory networks, integrative analysis to combine evidence from multiple data modalities
- mining proprietary and publicly available biological data to generate novel hypotheses or insights and
- presenting analysis results, in a clear and concise manner, to scientific audiences
Below are the typical skills we are looking for in candidates:
This position description does not represent a specific job but represents a sourcing announcement for current and future open positions. Our positions span a wide range of skills, so candidates who express an interest may be considered for upcoming positions at Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc.