The Civil Health Operation is currently seeking a Network Engineer to support a large healthcare contract in Baltimore.
The scope of work is to support all aspects of the CMS Unified Communications infrastructure components, including: <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
• Plan, design and implement local and remote Cisco voice communications hardware, software and procedures.
• Maintain technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, selecting or developing voice and/or video systems.
• Oversee and maintain voice network configurations.
• Prepare or ensure that appropriate voice network documentation exists, including operational instructions and diagrams.
• Provides regular monitoring and voice network analysis regarding short and long-range planning for in-house systems.
• Design networks or portions of networks that include selection of hardware and software packages.
• Perform installation, testing, maintenance of documentation and support of Voice Communications network infrastructure components.
• Evaluate and recommend voice communication network technologies to enhance capabilities of the infrastructure.
• Maintain technical expertise in areas of voice network hardware and software.
• Perform design, integration, and analysis for a Cisco voice telecom system.
• Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) – Cisco hardware and management tool experience
• Cisco Call Manager
• LAN/WAN networking equipment and protocols
• Develop, support and maintain operations of Cisco voice communication technologies within the CMS environment and associated sub-systems including, SIP integration, moves, adds and changes, fault isolation and resolution, and end-user support
• Daily duties will include responding to customer originated trouble tickets and service request along with planning and executing controlled changes within the infrastructure
• Services provided will include customer moves/adds/changes and may require after hours and/or weekend support
• Provide support to engineering and proposal development teams in the design and deployment of new technology infusions
• Demonstrated understanding of the Cisco Voice Network infrastructure and best practices Technical knowledge of trunking, VoIP phones, and wiring
• Extensive hands-on experience with Cisco voice communication technologies
• Provide desk side user education for use of phone and voice mail
A high level of familiarity and experience with the following networking/telecom technologies
• Automated Call Distribution (ACD)
• Experience with Remedy Incident and Service Request management workflow
• Data Communications Networks, Teleconferencing, Mobile Devices
• Proficiency in evaluating business requirements, processes, technologies, applications, and information systems
• Presentation, written and oral communication skills
• Possess excellent logical and analytical skills
• Knowledge and experience in proposal development.
• Project implementation background.
• Experience with Avaya and/or Microsoft based voice communication systems
• Voice and VoIP IMACs Support
• Voice Mailbox Management
• Maintains the cable infrastructure. Leads cable pulls, patch panel discipline amp; desktop terminations.
• Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNA) or higher certification
• Ability to understand and assist in solving telecommunication problems or telecom network infrastructure issues
• Ability to effectively communicate with a broad base of end users
• Good judgment and analytical skills; as well as follow-up and organizational skills
• Intermediate to advance Skills with Microsoft office and Visio